From the Onion: “Failure now an option“… best quotes from the story:
- In a stunning reversal of more than 200 years of conventional wisdom, failure—traditionally believed to be an unacceptable outcome for a wide range of tasks and goals—is now increasingly seen as a viable alternative to success, sources confirmed Tuesday.
- “We have no choice but to revoke failure’s non-optional status, effective immediately,” Hodge continued. “Now all citizens will be able to step back, stare down the hardship and difficulty they will face in the pursuit of success, and say, ‘F— that—this isn’t worth it.'”
- Some predict that a majority of the U.S. populace will now opt out of its previous obligation to give it 110 percent, and, in the coming weeks and months, give as little as 45 percent.
- Other data seem to confirm the Interior Department’s findings. A recent CBS News/New York Times poll revealed that 64 percent of Americans are “perfectly comfortable” with coming up just short, 43 percent are content to try only once rather than try, try again, and an overwhelming 95 percent admitted that after falling down, they now prefer to stay down.
- Though the broad new trend touches all 300 million citizens, experts said that sports coaches, CEOs of large corporations, U.S. Army commanders overseeing large-scale military operations, and anyone who often starts sentences with the word “gentlemen” will be most affected.
What a relief!