One of the bloggers I like to read recently posted a “life list” of things to do, in two parts (1-50, 51-100). On the one hand, when I think about the state of my life right now (I moved solo to a foreign country to take a highly improbable job) I feel pretty good, but on the other hand it’s good to have goals and dreams. So here is my own start at a life list, which pretty much falls neatly into just a few categories.
Places I want to visit
3. South Korea
7. New Zealand
8. Machu Picchu
9. Great Zimbabwe
Sporting events I want to see in person
11. 6-nations rugby
12. Aussie rules
13. World-class cricket
14. Long bike ride with mountains (a la the Tour de France or similar)
15. become fluent in a foreign language
16. learn to use all the buttons on my camera
17. organize all my photographs
18. get promoted
19. buy my own place
20. clean out my old files (hard copy and computer)
21. learn to play the banjo
22. take a full week’s vacation without checking my email
23. write a book (technical)
24. write a book (general audience)
25. get to Friday and have gotten everything done for the week–carry an empty bag home and enjoy the weekend.
I think I’ll stop there for now but there might be more later. Suggestions welcome, of course!